What Is Castile Soap and How Does It Work
Cleaning was a challenge for our ancestors. When they invented clothes to wear. Clothes are very fond of dust and thus they got dirty. To clean the clothes, they need something to be clean with. It is the short story of inventing soap. From the beginning, mankind used natural ingredients to make soap. Laurel oil is one of the ingredients used to make soap for millennia. But early soup maker od Europe doesn’t have access to laurel oil which was the main ingredient of soap. So as alternative measures, they dropped it from their formulation. They started to use olive oil instead. That olive-oil based soap is called castile soap.
What is Castile Soap?
The story of Castile soap was begun from a millennia ago, in the Levant (now Syria), Aleppo soup makers have made hard soap based on olive oil and laurel oil. It is commonly believed that the Crusaders brought Aleppo soap back to Europe in the 11th century, based on the claim that the earliest soap made in Europe was just after the Crusades, but in fact, in the first century CE the Romans knew about soap and in 300 CE a roman scholar described soap and soap makings. So from the above discussion, we know that hard/liquid soap based on olive oil is called Castile. Traditionally, Castile soap has a long story in Europe. The political and religious realities shaped the fate of the Castile soap in Europe. But the Castile soap’s versatile use make it possible for it.
How Does Castile Soap Work?
Normally, Castile soup molecules create free-floating charged atoms which attract dirt and other non-water soluble molecules. The quality makes this soap grease-grabbing and makes more effective on slick oven hood. Castile soap can be used to clean countertop, bathtubs, sink, toilet or floors. It can also use as an anti-insect agent. You can simply replace your laundry detergent . this shop is biodegradable and non-toxic so you can use it around the kids. We discover some more uses of this soap. Let’s have a look.
- 01) Natural shampoo:- thinking about making a simple homemade shampoo that actually lathers? Make it possible with just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your reach. The castile soap cleans your hair without hurting the scalp. It also helps to prevent hair fall and breakage.
- 02) Body wash:- now, you can your own body wash in your home. All natural Castile soap cleans your body without stripping the precious moisture of your skin. It also keeps your skin smooth and healthy.
- 03) Face wash:- you are struggling to get an effective face wash which can remove dirt without drying it. From now on, make your own face wash at home with natural ingredients. The Castile soap is a natural face wash to clean your face. It will not remove essential oil from your face but must remove the dirt and pollutants.
- 04) Shaving foam:- artificial shaving foam is full of synthetic material that can be toxic. Why use those harmful shaving foam while you can make your own shaving foam? The Castile soap can be used as a shaving foam. It is more gentle and suitable for man’s face.
- 05) Hand washes:- hand wash is most used soap in the house. But it is quite expensive to get foaming hand wash. But the Castile soap can use as an affordable hand wash.
- 06) All-purpose cleaner:- if you have oily oven tray or a dirty countertop, you don’t need a special to clean it. Just go to your pantry, pick the all natural ingredients and make your own cleaner for all washing solution.
- 07) Pet shampoo:- your pet needs to be clean to maintain hygiene. You could use Castile soap to clean your dog. It is affordable and easy to make in a home.
we made this article on Castile soap to inform you about the versatile use of Castile soap. We keep it simple and easy for you. we hope you’ll be benefitted by this article.